About Vegan Momos Recipe | Momos Recipe: These popular street dumplings stand as the most favourite food for kids today. Momos, originating from Tibet is a hugely popular street food in the country, largely in North-India. A versatile food that it is, we have a wide variety available from chicken, mutton to what we have here, vegetable momos. Since the kids love the dish so much, it is always great to make it at home. You just need to master the technique and you can twist them to suit your palate. These dumplings are packed with healthy veggies like carrots and cabbage sauteed with onion, garlic, soya sauce, vinegar and black pepper. The perfect homemade vegetarian snack to serve for evening snacks.
- For Dough:
- 2 cups maida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For Filling:
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup cabbage, grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix the maida, salt, and baking powder and knead to a stiff dough with water.
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Saute over high heat and add the carrot and cabbage. Turn around over high heat till glossy.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the soya sauce, salt, vinegar, and black pepper.
- Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4″-5″ rounds.
- Take a round, wet edge and place some filling in the center.
- Bring edges together to cover the filling. Twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- 8Steam for about 10 minutes and serve with soya sauce and chili sauce.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION 68.6gCarbs 3.6gFats N/ACholestrol 12.9gProtien N/AFiber Calories: 357.1 Kcal0Sodium: 414.3mg