- Potato: 4 medium sizes (2 lb)
- Red Chillies: 2
- Sunflower Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Coconut Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seed: 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies: 2
- Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
1. Wash the potatoes properly and make sure there is not any dirt. Dry them with a kitchen cloth.
2. Cut the potatoes in thin slices and make sure they aren’t very thick.
3. Now, heat the pan on medium high.
4. Add both oils and fry the cumin seed with the dried red chilies.
5. Once the cumin starts looking brownish, add your chopped potatoes.
6. Mix them well and cover the lid for 2 minutes. If your heat is too high, you can turn them to medium heat.
7. Now, take the lid off and cook them for 20 minutes in medium heat so that it will cook slowly.
8. Crispy fried potatoes are ready to serve. If you would like, you can garnish them with cilantro on top.
1. Dry your potato before you chop them. Wet potatoes usually stick in the pan easily. 2. Make sure you spread the potatoes in the skillet so it will cook slowly on both sides. 3. Keep mixing the potatoes every few minutes.